Unusual Pets that Children Probably Shouldn’t Play With – We here at SourceFed put together a quick little gallery of some of our favorite unusual pets!
Who doesn’t like animals? No One! Glad we cleared that up! Anyways, there are many galleries out there of pets doing adorable tricks or wearing human clothes … but enough is enough! We need something fresh, something different, something new! A couple of websites have put together a few galleries of unusual pets, so we found our favorites and put them together in to one SUPER GALLERY! Here we go!
1. A three-year old llama ‘Socke’ lives in the western district of Muelheim. He has lived indoors since birth due to an injury he sustained when he was a baby and had to have his leg amputated. We hear that he is a great kisser!
2. Peruvian surfer Domingo Pianezzi has spent decades teachings dogs to surf, and now has succeeded in teaching the first alpaca to surf as well!
3. Sugar flyers are some of the cutest, most unusual pets to have, but unfortunately due to the rise in ownership, the sugar flyers are now listed on the endangered species list.
4. Monkeys on leashes in Mumbai, what could be cuter?
5. Julian, a pet Red Howler monkey (Alouatta seniculus), uses the toilet in La Pintada, Antioquia province, Colombia.
6. Two lion cubs near Kharkov were rescued by a husband and wife team and have been tamed as house cats, for now anyways.
7. This unnamed, two headed turtle has received a lot of attention from the internet community, and I kinda want one for my very own!
8. Nils Olav, the mascot and honorary member of the Norwegian King’s Guard, is the first and only penguin to receive knighthood.
9. The 1,500 lb. hippo, Jessica, washed up during a flood on a rangers lawn in South Africa, and was rescued and nursed back to health. She drinks 10 liters of a coffee a day and plays with with the ranger, his wife and their family dog on a daily basis. Jessica sure looks like a sweetheart!
10. Lance Corporal William Windsor, the royal parade goat also known as Billy, is the mascot for the Royal Welsh Regiment. Before retirement, Billy would travel overseas with Welsh military officials to meet royalty and led every battalion parade - although he did once butt heads with top brass when he was temporarily demoted for not marching in time.
11. Lynne and 8 other giraffes have a special seat at the Carr-Hartley family dinner table at their home near Mount Kilimanjaro.
12. After you remove the scent glands on these little guys, skunks can be great house pets. They are fairly shy, but are very playful and intelligent, almost like having a cat … but less resentful than a cat.
13. Crocodiles! Are you serious!? I keep thinking of the ending of Lake Placid when I see this photo… I feel like this can not end well.
14. This is Jupiter, a lion that was rescued 10 years ago from the circus, now lives Ana Julia Torres and 680 other rescues at the Villa Lorena shelter
15. A street performer drags a monkey riding a toy motorcycle as it rains in Jakarta. I’m pretty jealous that this monkey can ride a motorcycle better than I can.
16. Dah, a small child laying with a 13 foot long python, how sweet. What could go wrong?
17. A couple take their pet rabbit for a walk on the South Bank of the Thames river in London.
What animal would you like as a pet?