Colleen Conlon is still reeling in shock and grieving over the news that her cat Lady, was euthanized at her local vet’s office. Normally anyone is crushed when losing a pet, but in this case Lady was simply meant to be given a flea bath.
Colleen’s 24 year old son Jesse brought Lady in and was handed the wrong forms. He accidentally and unknowingly sign forms to euthanize the beloved family pet. When Jesse returned with the second cat, he was stunned when asked if he wanted to keep Lady’s body.
Mrs.Conlon has filed with the Attorney General’s office, and has plans to speak with state licensing officials. While she does not believe that the vets intentions where malicious, she feels that they were incredibly negligent and that the standards of practice were not followed.
The vet, Muhammed Malik, has another blemish on his otherwise clean record: a year suspension on his license for failing to follow standard procedure when treating a dog’s paw in 2002.
Do you think it was negligent of the vet to put the cat down even after receiving signed forms or was it negligent of the son who didn’t check what he was signing first?